Meeting Minutes – Osage City Chamber of Commerce – December 15, 2015
Flint Hills Beverage Hospitality Conference Room
In Attendance: Dave Azwell, Kiwanis Club; Tara Azwell, Osage City Area Arts Council; Robyn Williams, Edward Jones Investments; Joe Hummerickhouse, H&H Appraisals; Thelma Hummerickhouse, H&H Appraisals; Jeremy Gaston, Osage County Herald Chronicle; Jan Ogleby, Osage County Herald Chronicle; Jennifer Hudson, Osage Nursing Center; Corey Linton, Osage City- Parks & Recreation; Jim Lohmeyer, Flint Hills Beverage; Casey Mussatto, Flint Hills Beverage; Patrick Gardner, COF ; Jennell Tebbetts, United Way; Katie Hodge, City of Osage City; Kathy Ayers, First National Bank Of KS.; Nancy Washburn, Ramblin’ Rose.
Officers/Director present: Cindy Wymore, Secretary; Jeannette Swarts, Executive Director.
Lunch by Buzzard’s. Lunches are ordered from food businesses who are Chamber Members.
Meeting opened at 12:00 p.m. by Jeannette Swarts.
A motion was made by Jennell Tebbetts and seconded by Kathy Ayers to approve the November meeting minutes. Motion passed unanimously.
The Treasurer’s Report was unavailable.
- Christmas on Market was a success despite inclement weather.
- Jeannette Swarts announced that the Chamber of Commerce Mixer will be held on January 9th between 6 – 8p.m. at the Santa Fe Depot. She will be emailing and hand delivering invitations to local businesses.
- Casey Mussatto updated the members on the By-Laws which states that the Nominating Committee “propose a slate of Directors sufficient for the members to elect 8 Directors to 2 year terms each. The Directors then decide who will be the Officers for the year at each initial meeting of the year in January.” The Directors completing their 2nd year of their 2 year term next year are: Chandra Dunbar, Cindy Wymore, and Wayne White. The proposed Directors to be elected for a 2 year term are: Jim Lohmeyer, Jan Ogleby, Mike Telhorst, Jodi Smith, Jodi Stark. A motion was made by Jeremy Gaston to accept the slate of directors as presented, seconded by Nancy Washburn. Motion passed unanimously.
- Jeannette Swarts instituted the “ Hometown Santa” program between December 9th and the 24th which encourages people to ask anyone in town if they are the” Osage City Hometown Santa” and receive chamber bucks on the spot. So far, T.J. McCoy was the Hometown Santa and Chenoa Casebier was the lucky recipient.
Under Member Announcements:
- Dave Azwell announced that Nick Stoppel will be performing in Osage City on January 16th, 2016 at the Lutheran Church at 7pm with refreshments afterwards. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Corey Linton spoke about the “Smoke in the Spring” event. He hopes that the Chamber will continue to be a Class Champion Sponsor for $750 again this year. He has 15 teams already signed up with a goal of reaching 102 teams this year.
- Casey Mussatto said that we have verbal agreements with landowners regarding new signage at the US75 & K31 Highways. Also, he gave a brief update on the Motel status. Pro formas are being reworked and will be presented to potential investors.
CINDY WYMORE, Secretary NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, January 19th , 2016