Submitted by Kenna Burns
ECKAN has been awarded a generous grant which they are going to use for several areas of need that they support within their organization.
Savings account with Case Management Emergency Needs and Chamber Bucks Incentives
Program is to encourage monthly meetings with clients, meet their immediate emergency needs, and work together to encourage a savings account for clients with a 2/1 Match. So they have a total of $1000 emergency fund.
Nutrition Class = Currently working with Cheryl Mussatto to offer a Nutrition class to clients, this money will be used to pay presenter fees, cost of food, incentives including (Chamber Bucks) for those who sign up and attend.
Dental Program: Used to continue helping clients with dental needs that go beyond the standard cleaning, fillings, exams.
Budgeting Class=Working with HCCI to offer the following classes:
One-hour class for individuals who need an unbiased view of the different banking options that are currently available to consumers. Learn:
- How having a savings and/or checking account can help you stay organized with your finances;
- What to expect when you decide to open your first account.
So Much Debt, So Little Time
Feeling overwhelmed by past-due notices or plagued with garnishments? Learn:
- Repayment options so you can get out of debt and on with your life;
- How different types of debts impact your bank account, paycheck, credit score;
- What laws protect you when you have debts in collections.